Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Key performance indicators (KPIs), part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…KPIs or Key Performance Indicators.…What we're showing you here is, after you've already discovered what your…KPIs are for you company, how to add them into a dashboard.…You'll note here I've also created a scorecard.…I had to create a scorecard because I need a scorecard to show KPIs.…In the land of Microsoft, when we say scorecards,…we mean an object that holds KPIs, it's not the business definition.…In the next chapter, I'm going to go through and…go in to scorecards in more depth.…
So I created this gross profit KPI.…And here I'm retrieving my gross profit off of AdventureWorks data connection.…And I've compared that to a fixed value.…I've also created sales amount.…And I've added that up in here.…In a minute, we're going to go in and…actually create these for you, so you'll see how to do it.…This is just your demo.…If I go into Sales, you'll see, now,…I have a scorecard, which is the object that holds these KPIs.…So, I've got my Sales Amount in here, actual compared to my target, and…you see this is a green indicator, whereas this one's a yellow indicator.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.