In this video, take a look at the RANKX iterator function, which allows you to calculate an item's rank based on a given set of conditions or criteria.
- [Instructor] Alright, before we move on…I just gotta show you guys a demo with RANKX…because it works a little bit differently from SUMX…and it's just a really cool function.…So I'm back here in my pivot table, same setup as before,…breaking down the data by product name, and the idea here…is to create a new measure that essentially ranks out…these products based on total revenue.…So let's give this a name along the lines of Product Rank…and if we want specifics, we can just say by Revenue…and assigning to Transactions is just fine.…
And now for something like this…this is where RANKX is really useful,…because you can use it to rank fields based on…all sorts of expressions and measures and things like that.…So let's start with RANKX, same syntax here, Table,…then Expression and also has a few extra optional ones…for dealing with the rank order and ties and stuff like that…we're just gonna stick with the basics for now.…First piece is the table, so which table contains…the items that I'm looking to rank?…That would be the Product_Lookup table,…
- Power Pivots versus normal pivots
- Creating calculated columns and measures
- Power Pivot and DAX best practices
- Math, stats, and COUNT functions
- CALCULATE, FILTER, and ALL functions
- Joining data with RELATED
- Using iterator functions (SUMX and RANKX)
- Time intelligence formulas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Power Pivot and DAX 101
3. Common DAX Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.