Get a brief introduction to charting in Excel Online.
- [Instructor] One of the more commonly used features…of Excel Online is charting, as it really brings life…to your data, and the good news is, it's easy.…If you'd like to follow along with me,…then have XOL Charting open.…Take this particular data, which is an extract…from a company's chart of accounts.…We have a cost center, a general ledger code,…and an amount, in this case, full year actuals.…Let's go ahead and select the data in columns C and D…and make sure that you include the header rows.…
At the very top of the screen,…click on INSERT, click on the dropdown box…next to Column, and select Clustered Column,…and this has plotted the data into a 2-D column chart.…With the data still selected, go back up to CHART,…click on the dropdown box next to Pie, and select 2-D Pie.…Without re-selecting the data, Excel Online…has created a 2-D pie chart using that same information.…Now let's go ahead and delete the chart,…and make sure that the data is still selected.…
Navigate back to the INSERT menu,…click on the dropdown box next to Other Charts,…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Using Excel Online shortcuts
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating and editing charts
- Designing and creating forms
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.