Join Chris Dutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to DAX functions, part of Excel Business Intelligence Part 3: Power Pivot and DAX.
- Hey, everyone, welcome to section six,…DAX syntax and common functions.…This is when we really start to get hands-on…and start to dig in and analyze the data in our data model.…Now, one thing to note.…We won't cover every function in the DAX language.…It's a really rich, really complex language.…My goal is to show you some of the most powerful…and common functions that you can use to get up and running.…So I hope you enjoy.…
- Power Pivots versus normal pivots
- Creating calculated columns and measures
- Power Pivot and DAX best practices
- Math, stats, and COUNT functions
- CALCULATE, FILTER, and ALL functions
- Joining data with RELATED
- Using iterator functions (SUMX and RANKX)
- Time intelligence formulas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Power Pivot and DAX 101
3. Common DAX Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.