- Sports of all varieties,…from the smallest weekday softball league,…to multi-billion dollar professional sports teams,…draw interest around the world.…In this chapter, we will create a spreadsheet…that defines a schedule for a six team league…that maximizes the value of that schedule.…So first let's talk about the characteristics of the league,…and the desired characteristics of the schedule.…Team sports traditionally put two teams…against each other in a game,…and as I mentioned earlier,…we will assume that we have a six team league,…but it's divided into two divisions.…
Teams A, B, and C are in one division,…and Teams D, E, and F are the in the other.…We assume that because teams are in a division…that they are perhaps competing for a playoff spot,…so any team will play the other teams…in their division twice.…And because this is a seven week season,…you will play teams that are not in your division…once per season.…So you play teams in your division twice,…teams that are not in your division once.…There are some further assumptions,…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.