Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing filtering, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook, we're looking…at a worksheet called Filter.…When you work with large lists of data,…there may be times when you don't want…to see all of the data.…Seeing just a portion of this list…might lead you to come up with the question,…"Could we see only the full time people?"…You surely could with filtering.…"Could we see just the people in on department?…"Or two? Or three departments?" Yes.…We can do that with filtering.…"Or people in a certain building?" Yes.…And we can do this in combination.…As with sorting, make sure the list…you're about to work with has no empty rows…or empty columns within it.…
And a bit of advice,…simply press Command A,…possibly zoom back or simply press…"ctrl + period" a few times…to move the active cell around the corners of this list.…Always make sure, when you come to the bottom,…scroll a little bit more just to make sure.…If you work with your data frequently,…you don't need to do this very often.…It's just a quick reminder that…the list you're working with should be compact…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.