Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing PivotTables, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Before I get into the details of how to create…and manipulate PivotTables,…I'd like to demonstrate a few of the ways PivotTables…help you analyze your worksheet data.…I have created a PivotTable in my workbook…and as you can see, a PivotTable…looks a lot like a regular worksheet…with rows and columns of data.…They also have labels, subtotals,…and in this case, grand totals.…So if you take a look at this PivotTable,…you can see that I have room revenue data…for two types, the Cambridge rooms and the Piccadilly rooms.…
The data is divided into two years, 2014 and 2015.…The bold rows here indicate a summary…or a subtotal for that year.…And you can see the individual months…within the body of the PivotTable…and the grand total for each row…here in the Grand Total column.…If I scroll down to the bottom of the PivotTable…using my scroll wheel,…you can see the remaining data for 2015…and then the grand totals for each room type…and for all room types at the bottom right corner.…
What PivotTables enable you to do…is change the structure of your data…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.