- To begin using Solver in Excel,…you need to install it as a free add-in.…In this movie, I will show you how to do that.…The sample file I'm using is called AddSolver…and it's an Excel workbook you can find…in the Chapter01 folder of your Exercise Files Archive.…But I just have it open as a visual reference,…you can use any file because we won't…actually be working with the contents of the workbook.…You should look though,…to see if you already have Solver installed.…To do that, click the DATA tab on the ribbon…and look at the far right side…for an Analysis group.…
You might only see Outline…and nothing here on the right,…in this case I have the Data Analysis ToolPak…already installed.…This is the area here…where Solver would be if it were installed.…It's not currently…so let's go ahead and get it ready to use.…Click the FILE tab on the ribbon…and then in the backstage view click Options.…Doing so opens the Excel Options dialogue box.…In the navigation pane on the left click Add-Ins…and then down at the bottom of the dialogue box…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.