To begin using Solver in Excel, you need to install it as a free add-in. In this video, learn how to do just that.
- [Instructor] To begin using Solver in Excel,…you need to install it as a free add-in.…In this movie, I will show you how to do just that.…That said, the first thing you should do is…to see if Solver is already installed.…If it is, it will appear on the data tab of the ribbon,…so I'll click the data ribbon header,…and I'll look at the far right side.…I see that, in fact, there is nothing to the right…of the group, ungroup and subtotal buttons, so that means…that Solver is not installed on this computer yet.…
To install it, I will go to the file tab and click options.…In the Excel options dialog box, I'll click add-ins,…go to the add-ins page, and I see a number of add-ins…that are available, but what I want is down at the bottom…where I have the manage control, and it says Excel add-ins.…If you don't see Excel add-ins,…then click the down arrow here…and select Excel add-ins from the list that appears.…Then click go.…
In the add-ins dialog box, check the Solver add-in box,…and then click OK.…When you do, the new analyze group will appear…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Tuning investment portfolios
- Organizing worksheets
- Creating objective and control formulas
- Experimenting with different constraints
- Optimizing resource placement
- Defining decision trees