Instructor Josh Rischin demonstrates how to make, review, and delete comments in Excel Online.
- [Instructor] Comments are an important Excel Online…collaboration feature, as it lets other users know…and indeed yourself as the author…when something needs to be noted or followed up.…If you'd like to follow along, open up XOL Already Shared.…To insert a comment, find the cell that you wish…to make a comment on and right-click…and then select insert comment.…In this case, this number looks too high,…and then click on post.…What you'll notice is that a comment has been made…when this red triangle appears…in the very top right of the cell.…Let's click on the x to the top right of the screen…to hide all of the comments.…
What you'll notice as we click on each cell with a comment…is this information bubble up here.…If you click on that show comment,…you'll see all the comments that have been made…on this particular file,…and here we can either edit the text or delete the comment.…If we delete the comments, what you'll notice is…the red triangle has disappeared from the top right…of the screen.…If other users have been given edit access to the file,…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.