Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting and deleting worksheets, part of Excel 2016: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks.
- [Instructor] In this workbook called RegionalFile,…there are four sheet tabs at the bottom…for different states.…As I click on the different tabs,…you can see the layout there.…We might want to add an additional state to this mix,…and at times, we might want to take out a state.…Inserting and deleting worksheets is easy.…The most common approach is to right-click…the current sheet tab and choose Insert.…Nothing wrong with that.…If we want to add a new worksheet, we'll simply click…Worksheet and click OK.…We'll have a new worksheet to the left.…
I'm going to delete that, 'cause I don't really want it now.…Right-click and Delete.…Of course, from time to time, you'll want to do that too.…A faster way to delete a sheet is with a keystroke shortcut.…I'm going to press Shift + F11.…Watch the lower portion of the screen…next to the Colorado sheet.…Shift + F11.…We get a new sheet to the left of Colorado.…Now if I wanted it to the right,…of course I could drag it there.…There's another technique.…I'm going to click the Colorado sheet.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with different worksheets together
- Copying and moving worksheets within a workbook
- Linking formulas across multiple workbooks
- Changing tab colors and renaming sheets
- Copying, moving, and inserting data on different sheets
- Working with multiple workbooks
- Navigating workbooks
- Getting data from other sheets with 3D formulas