In this video, the instructor demonstrates few different ways to easily insert PivotTables into your Excel worksheets, including selecting your source data first or inserting a blank PivotTable and defining the source range from there.
- [Instructor] Now, let's go ahead…and practice inserting a pivot table in Excel.…Luckily, Excel makes it incredibly easy to do so.…In the insert menu, you have two options.…You can select pivot table to create a blank pivot…where you determine what data you're analyzing…and where the pivot table will live,…or you can use the recommended pivot table options…which will allow you…to browse some pre-populated starting points.…If I'm being honest,…I don't find the recommendations very helpful.…Personally, I prefer to just build my pivot tables…from scratch, but it's important to know…that those recommendations do exist…if you choose to use them.…
Let's jump into Excel and actually practice this.…Here I am in Excel.…I've opened up the IMDB movie database file available…in the course resources and there are a few different ways…that I can insert a pivot from here.…Excel is actually really smart and helpful…when it comes to inserting pivots.…The simplest way to do this is to simply select any cell…from within the source data that you care about,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.