If you chose to store information locally in Outlook 2003, such as email messages, events, contacts, notes, journal entries, and more, and you want to have access to that information in Outlook 2016, you will want to export the data from 2003 and import it in Outlook 2016. In this movie, you will know how to export outlook 2003 data to a .pst file and import that file into Outlook 2016.
- [Voiceover] It's time now to shift our focus…to Outlook 2016, which looks a whole lot different…than Outlook 2003.…If you're migrating from one to the other,…one of the first things you'll probably want to do…is backup anything you've stored such as contacts,…maybe email messages you put into personal folders,…any notes, journal entries, etc.…They can all be backed up into a single file…and then imported here into Outlook 2016,…so you don't lose anything.…So, if you're on an Exchange Server,…it's a PST file…you're going to exporting to and looking for.…
If you're using online accounts,…you really don't have to worry about it,…because you login to Outlook 2016.…While the UI will look different,…you'll still have access to your online folders.…So, this is really for anyone who's stored something…personally and locally on your hard drive, for example.…So, let's pretend for a moment we're in Outlook 2003.…You would go up to the File menu and click File.…From there, you'd look for Import/Export.…Here in Outlook 2016,…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.