- Sometimes it's important to know the day of the week,…for example in sales and transactions.…We might be wanting to review all of our sales…to see which day of the week…we have the most sales on.…Which day of the week do we have the most orders?…Do we do more shipping on Fridays…than we do on Thursdays?…Those are questions we want to have answered.…Excel has a function called Weekday,…and at first it's likely to be a little bit disappointing.…We've got some sales dates in column A…on this worksheet called Weekday.…We want to know what day of the week…July 14, 2014, was.…
= Weekday, left parenthesis, A2, return.…The answer is 2.…Well, 2 is what?…What does that mean?…It's Monday.…1 is Sunday, 2 is Monday, 3 is Tuesday, et cetera.…Nothing wrong with that answer,…but certainly it would be more valuable…if we actually saw Monday there.…We can do this relatively quickly…by simply pressing cmd + 1,…or right click and go to Format Cells.…In either case, it activates the…Format Cells dialog box.…
A simple adjustment.…I wish this were more obvious, but it's easy, nevertheless.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.