Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Highlighting the top or bottom values in a PivotTable, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Companies of all kinds are interested in…their best salespeople, their best customers,…and their best selling products.…Excel enables you to create what are called…top 10 conditional formats…to identify the top or bottom values in a PivotTable.…I'll demonstrate how to create these conditional formats…using the top 10 Excel workbook.…That's a file that you can find in the chapter five folder…of your exercise files collection.…My goal is to display the top three months…for the entire data set.…
So for example, for the Westminster rooms,…I want to highlight the three months…that generated the most revenue…for that room type in 2014.…When I create the format, it will apply the same rule.…To create the conditional format,…click any cell in the data field…within the body of the PivotTable.…And then on the Home tab of the ribbon,…click the Conditional Formatting button…and then point to Top/Bottom Rules…and then point to the type of rule you wanted to create.…
You can show the Top 10 Items,…the Top 10%, Bottom 10,…Bottom 10%, Above Average, or Below Average.…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.