Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Hierarchies and perspectives, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Hierarchies and perspectives.…I've expanded out the Orders tables, so…that it will be easier to see, creating a hierarchy.…I go into the Orders table, and click the little icon,…Create Hierarchy, wait a few seconds, here's my hierarchy, created forming.…And lets go through and grab the zip code, or the postal code.…And I'm just going to take that, move it down, and drop it.…Takes a few seconds for this to work.…There's also this oddity in the interface that you should always start at…the bottom.…
Because moving things down to the bottom seems to be a little problematic.…So, now we have zip code, on top of it we'll put the city.…And on top of that let's put the country.…And select the Hierarchy, I'm going to right-click it.…I'm going to rename it Shipping, and click out of it.…And, there's my hierarchy.…Note, if I clear things out on the tables, what's shown…is still my hierarchy right here, so if I add everything back in Perspectives.…Remember Perspectives, gives me the ability to limit what people see.…
Also, remember a Perspective is not designed, to be a security implementation.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.