Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding/unhiding worksheet tabs; protecting hidden worksheets, part of Excel 2016: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks.
- [Instructor] We're looking at a workbook…called HiddenSheets, and by its very name,…it suggests a feature that you might not be aware of.…First of all, in this workbook,…on the Staff sheet, the very first sheet,…you might've picked up on the fact…that there are columns hidden between columns C and F,…and off to the right, a column between I and J.…And down the left-hand side, as you look at the row numbers,…there's some missing row numbers as well.…It's not uncommon to hide columns,…perhaps less so to hide rows,…but we can do that easily and routinely.…But hiding a sheet is not something…that a lot of people are familiar with.…
By the way, a quick mention here,…if you'd like to get back all of the hidden columns,…you can click on the upper left corner here…and simply double-click any column boundary.…I'm about to do this between the A and the B.…There we go, all those hidden columns are back.…And down the left-hand side, same kind of thing,…I'll double-click one of the row borders…between the two row numbers.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with different worksheets together
- Copying and moving worksheets within a workbook
- Linking formulas across multiple workbooks
- Changing tab colors and renaming sheets
- Copying, moving, and inserting data on different sheets
- Working with multiple workbooks
- Navigating workbooks
- Getting data from other sheets with 3D formulas