Learn how to hide or unhide a row or column in your worksheet. Author Jen McBee shows you shortcuts for quickly hiding and unhiding columns and rows, and worksheets, skills you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In a workbook…all columns and rows are displayed on each worksheet…unless you go through the process…of hiding one or the other.…In this video we're going to talk about…hiding and unhiding rows…and hiding and unhiding columns.…And I also want to spend just a couple of minutes…talking about the challenges that users sometimes face…when trying to unhide what they've hidden.…During the Excel 2010 MOS exam…you're probably going to be asked…to hide or unhide a row or a column.…So we'll make sure that we focus on these two processes…so you'll be well prepared to tackle that task.…
Now I have the 04 04 exercise file open…so let's tackle this topic.…We're going to focus on Reps Worksheet…and let's say for instance we want to share…this information with all of the sales reps,…but we don't necessarily want each rep to know…what the other rep made for commission for these two years…and we can do that by simply hiding column A.…I'll go ahead and select column A…and it's as easy as right clicking and choosing hide.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.