Learn how to group records and how to create a calculated field in a PivotTable. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to group numeric data, dates, times, and even a selection of specific items. She also demonstrates how to create a calculated field.
- [Instructor] You're probably feeling really comfortable…with pivot tables now and I want to take it…a step further.…In this video, we are going to learn…how to group our records together,…and how to create a calculated field.…Here's our pivot table that we're going to work with,…and you can see a couple of things…that are really hard to read and understand…in this pivot table report.…First of all, it's not really obvious…what we're looking at.…We can change the headings for each of our areas…just by clicking on the label,…and typing in something such as Order Date.…
Now I can tell that what we're looking at here…are the order dates, and we can go to our Row Labels…and type in Company, and we'll know…that these are the companies that have…orders with us for 2016.…For Sum of Order Amount, we can just call this Total Order.…Much easier to understand, but what about…all of these dates that are going across our worksheet?…Let's group them together by month,…and also by quarter so we can really…drill down into the information.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.