- In this worksheet called OFFSET,…imagine that we always want to see…the last reporting date in cell D2.…So looking in column A,…right now this would be October 16th.…The latest closing rate, that's gonna be 259…but we want this to always be up to date…even as we add more data in columns A and B.…That could get quite deep…in this particular worksheet.…The function we will be using is called OFFSET…and that probably sounds like an idea that says…we're gonna move away from a certain cell an offset.…
Off to the side, down below, something like that.…Before we use this, I want to alert you to…or remind you of another function…you might be familiar with called COUNTA.…This simply counts the number of cells in a range…and if I click on column A,…you can see at a glance there are…10 cells that have data there.…That's it, 10.…It's going to come in handy.…What I'm going to do here is double click this…and put a space in front of it…and just leave it here as a reminder.…We'll be using the OFFSET function in cell D2.…
We begin with our reference point.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.