Oz du Soleil shows an example of what you can do in Get & Transform in Excel 2016.
- [Instructor] What's the big deal with Get and Transform…and why should you get to know it?…I've been training people for awhile…and people have emailed me that Get and Transform…has saved them a full day a week.…One person said that she saved her employer…$30,000 a year because of what Get and Transform can do.…You see, analysis is one thing, but the data prep…the data cleansing that can take hours, days,…weeks to do.…And Get and Transform is specifically designed…to bring that time down, bring down the grief,…bring down the pain.…
In this video, I'm going to take you on tour…of Get and Transform.…There is no exercise file.…So, sit back and follow along.…Here, I'm in Sales Ops.…And I have this report and it's easy to see that…Amanda, Northwest Territory, February…had sales of $16,494.…But what if I want to see totals?…Notice Jean-Felipe.…He's got accounts South and Southeast.…I would like to see one Jean-Felipe entry.…
I don't want those IDs.…Get rid of them.…And I would like a month column, not those headers,…and clos in those gaps in the region column.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.