Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Freezing and unfreezing panes, part of Excel Essential Training (Office 365/Microsoft 365).
- [Instructor] When you work with large lists,…as you start to scroll down the lists you…might be using the scroll bar on the right hand side…or maybe you're using the mouse wheel…or the track pad.…I'm using the mouse wheel here.…What happens?…Row one disappears.…That's where the titles are.…Well, maybe I don't know this data to well.…I can figure out what some of the titles would be,…but why not keep that row in place all the time…by way of a feature called Freeze?…Freeze Panes and it's found on the view tab in the ribbon.…Freeze Panes, Freeze a portion of the sheet…to keep it visible while you scroll through the rest…of the sheet.…
It's got three options.…Many times we want to freeze the top row…and when you apply this feature,…just make sure it's visible.…The active cell doesn't have to be there.…Freeze top row.…Subtle difference, separated between row one and two.…It's a little darker.…But as we start to use the mouse wheel to scroll down.…You see what's happening.…It's there all the time.…It has nothing to do with printing.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.