Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting slicers, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Filtering a pivot table using a slicer…helps you and your colleagues visualize…which values the filter includes and excludes.…You have a lot of control over the slicer's appearance…and other characteristics,…so you can customize it to meet your needs.…As my sample file, I will use the FormatSlicer workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter03 folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…I want to filter this workbook using a slicer…that is based on the RoomType field.…
So I'll click any cell in the pivot table,…then click the Analyze contextual tab on the ribbon.…And click Insert Slicer.…Then in the Insert Slicers dialog box,…I'll check the RoomType box and click OK.…Doing so displays the RoomType slicer.…I'll drag that over to the right,…and you can move the slicer…as you would any other shape.…While the slicer is selected,…the Options dialog box appears.…
And there are a number of ways that you can change…the formatting of your slicer.…The first is to apply a different style.…You see here that the basic white and blue style…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.