Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting data for use in a PivotTable, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
Pivot tables let you summarize…and reorganize your data dynamically.…But you can't summarize just any data set.…In most cases, your data needs to be laid out…as a data list, or even better, as an Excel table.…In this movie, I will give you an overview…of what your data should look like…for when you create a pivot table.…My sample file is the DataPrep Excel workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter01 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…To create a pivot table, you data should be laid out…in tabular form, or what is also called a data list.…
And as you can see here, I have a data list…that contains five columns.…Year, Quarter, Month, RoomType, and Revenue.…And there are values for each of the cells…within each row of the table or the list.…Each row represents a particular measure.…And you can see here that for the year 2014…in the first quarter, the month of January,…rooms of type Cambridge…generated $90,005 of revenue.…
So that means for the month of January,…that room type generated just over $90,000.…You can look at the same data for February,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.