Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting cells using icon sets, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- One of the most popular trends in…corporate management is to use icons to…indicate how a company's performance…compares to its goals.…If you set up your workbook as a dashboard…that summarizes performance, you can use…indicators such as the familiar red, yellow, and green…stoplight images to indicate unacceptable,…acceptable, and excellent results.…In Excel 2016, a group of indicators is…called an icon set.…In this movie, I will show you how to…apply an icon set conditional format to…a pivot table, and as my sample file,…I will use the icon sets Excel workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter Five folder of…your exercise files collection.…
This workbook contains a filtered version of…a pivot table, and it summarizes revenue for…Westminster room types at a hotel,…and that data is broken down by month,…so revenue in January was one dollar under…$575,500, and so on.…If I want to apply an icon set conditional format to…this data, I can click the cell, and then on the Home tab of…the ribbon, click the conditional formatting button,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.