Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting cells using color scales, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- [Voiceover] One of the more recent developments…in data presentation is the concept of the heat map…which uses a cell's value to determine…which fill color to assign to the cell.…Unlike rule-based formats that either apply a color or not,…the color scale conditional format applies a color…from a two or a three colored gradient.…Gradients are color schemes where a color changes…from lighter to darker, and they can be hard to visualize…if you have never worked with one before.…So, I've started with an example…and then I'll show you how to create the format.…
My sample file is the Color Scales Excel workbook…and you can find that in the Chapter 5 folder…of your exercise files archive.…I applied this color scale to all of the values…in the body of the pivot table, and you can see cells…that contain relatively large values…have a dark green shading.…For example, cell B8 has dark green shading…as does B11, with a shade slightly lighter…than B8, and cells that have much smaller values…such as D7, with $133,914, has just a barest amount of green…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.