Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting a PivotChart, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Charts, including PivotCharts, summarize data visually.…So, you should pay careful attention…to the appearance of your chart…and the elements it contains.…If your organization mandates which color schemes…you need to use for internal or external documents,…you should also ensure your PivotCharts conform…to those graphic production standards.…In this movie, I will show you…how to apply formatting to a PivotChart.…My sample file is the formatting workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter Six folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…
To apply formatting to a PivotChart,…click the PivotChart.…Now you have a couple of options.…To the right of the PivotChart,…there are two action buttons.…The first is Chart Elements,…which allows you to add, remove and change elements.…And the second is Chart Styles.…That allows you to select an overall style…and color scheme for your chart.…I'll go ahead and click that action button now.…You can see that there are a number…of predefined styles available to you.…
The first, and the one that's selected, is Style One,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.