In this video, learn how to format text in rows and columns by first using selection techniques for choosing the text to be formatted, and then applying format changes such as font face, font size, and a variety of font attributes.
- [Instructor] A good plan of attack when building…your workbooks here in Excel in Office365…is to get the data in, and then make it look nice.…So that's what we're going to do in this chapter,…beginning with formatting the text on our sheet…here in our Red30 - Revenues workbook.…R30Revenues0201, as you can see, has been updated…with some numbers and some totals down the right hand side.…So go to the chapter two folder of your exercise files…and open up this version,…or if you prefer, fill in the values here…that I filled in for you.…
Add those sum functions on the right hand side…to get the totals, and you'll be all caught up.…When we go up to the top left corner and look at the title,…it really just looks like the rest of our worksheet.…It doesn't stand out.…Remember when we click cell A1, it contains…all of our title.…There's nothing in B1, C1, or D1,…and that's why we're able to see the entire title…overlapping those cells.…So to format the contents,…you might be tempted to click and drag over…all of these cells,…
- Explore efficient methods for adding functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Save, share, and print your workbooks.
- Recognize how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall methods for protecting documents.