While tables are not new to Excel 2016, they can be created faster and easier than in Excel 2010 thanks to the quick analysis tool. In this movie, you will know how to create a table using the Quick Analysis tool as well as from the ribbon to apply table formatting and filtering options not available outside of a table.
- [Voiceover] In this movie we're going…to shift our focus to working…with tables because there are advantages…to taking your data on a worksheet…and putting it into a table.…Not just formatting but filtering options…that we're going to look at,…as well as formatting your entire worksheets.…And we're going to continue working with this,…our Landon Hotel sheet.…"LH_sheet0305" if you're skipping to this movie…and you need to get caught up.…Let's go to the "GoalSeek" tab down below and click there.…Here we have some data just sitting on our worksheet…and you can see a lot of it is employee information…from column A through H and as we scroll down…with the scroll bar here on the right hand side…it goes way down past 740 rows.…
So lots of data to work with here.…If we put this into a table it becomes a little bit easier…to format and filter.…Now one option would be to click and drag across the range.…Let's start at A2,…click and drag across to column H and down.…Now we could go down 742 rows.…Or just release up here at the top…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.