In this video, learn how to apply various number formats to numbers and numeric results, such as using preset for currency and accounting, and adjusting number alignment, decimal places, and text formatting attributes.
- [Instructor] You know, much of the formatting…we can apply to text here in an Excel workbook…in Office 365 can also be applied to the numbers…we see on our sheet.…But, numbers also get their own formatting options,…that's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our Red30 Revenues 2019 workbook.…R30revenues0202 if you're catching up.…You'll notice that the numbers where we actually…type them in appear exactly the same on the formula bar,…it's a number, a decimal, and then two more values.…
However, if we look at some of the totals…where formulas and functions were used to arrive…at those numbers, we see sometimes more than…two decimal places, sometimes we see…up to five decimal places.…We should have these numbers all looking the same,…and none of them have dollar amounts to indicate…that they're currency in any way.…So we have some work to do.…First step is to select the numbers we wanna format,…so that means going up here to column C, row six,…click and drag across to column O…and all the way down to row 12.…
- Explore efficient methods for adding functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Save, share, and print your workbooks.
- Recognize how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall methods for protecting documents.