Formatting content in any of the Office 2016 is easier to accomplish than it was in Office 2003 thanks to a new mini toolbar that pops up when you select content to format. In this movie, you will know how to use the mini toolbar to quickly change the style of selected text, change attributes like bold and italics, change text color, even font faces and font sizes.
- [Voiceover] One thing you'll find here…in Office 2016, when it comes to formatting content…in your files it's easier than ever,…thanks to a new toolbar that pops up…right where you need it, when you need it.…It's called the mini toolbar,…some call it the formatting toolbar.…We're gonna take a look at it now here in Microsoft Word.…But it also shows up in Excel and PowerPoint.…Let's work with this document, an updated version…of our press release saved to the new format docx,…press release 0108, it's in the Chapter 1 folder…of your exercise files.…
But you could be working with one of your own files as well.…Let's say we want to bold for immediate release.…Well one trick it to just click in the left margin…next to that content when you're I-beam pointer…turns into a mouse pointer, click once to select it.…But look what else happens,…we don't have to go up to the ribbon to find…our formatting options, this mini toolbar pops up…with options to change our font face, our font size,…we could change it with these buttons as well,…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.