Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Flipping row/column orientation with TRANSPOSE, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Mastering Formulas and Functions.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- On this worksheet called Transpose…nothing too unusual going on…formulas, you can see if I press ctrl + ~…they're on the bottom edge and also…the two columns on the right hand side.…Nothing terribly unusual about this.…Let me press ctrl + ~ again.…Suppose you created this somewhat on the fly…you're about to put in some more data here too,…the thought occurs to you that maybe eventually…you will put in the other six months…for the remainder of the year,…this layout probably isn't the best.…We got some formula's here that's…tabulating data from the left and we got…totals on the bottom.…There is a technique where we could…simply transpose the data.…
That may or may not be appropriate.…Reminders to how to do that,…this is the data in question, let's transpose it.…It's a two step operation.…Let's copy it first command c.…Suppose we want to put it here…now transposing means, in effect,…flipping this along an imaginary diagonal line.…We would like to see the months down the left hand side…and then sales, expenses, profits across the top.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.