- When you create a formula in Excel,…it's easy to ask questions such as…"What percentage of the mixture I'm creating…is composed of Quartz?"…It's a far different question to ask…"How much do I need to increase the Quartz in this mixture…so it accounts for 20% of the total?"…If Algebra isn't your strong suit,…you can use Goal Seek to find answers…to that type of question quickly.…My sample file is the Goal Seek Excel workbook…and you can find it in the Chapter 1 folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…
My goal is to find the amount of Milky Quartz,…which is the crystal I'm adding to my mixture,…that brings the Quartz part of the mixture…to 23% of the total.…I'll indicate some starting values, and then use Goal Seek…to find the solution.…In cell B3, which is already selected,…I'll type the current value for Milky Quartz, which is zero,…and press Enter.…And for the Base, I'll assume that I have other substances,…doesn't really matter what they are,…but I have 42 grams of them.…
So I'll type 42, and Enter.…Now I need to calculate the proportion of Milky Quartz…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.