How is your marketing performance trending? You'll be able to find out once you learn how to manipulate date cells to segment your data by day, week, and month.
- [Voiceover] It's important to know how…your marketing performance is trending over time.…Let's learn how to modify date formats…for trend analysis in Excel.…If you'd like to follow along, it's exercise file…3.5- Finding daily weekly monthly trends.…The data you're seeing here is…daily data exported from Google AdWords.…This is pretty typical of the type of data…you get from an advertising platform.…But, it's hard to see any trends here…when you just have the date format here.…How do we make this a little bit more useful?…So first, one cool thing we can do is…if we create a new column, which we can do…by right-clicking and inserting,…we can actually format this day into day of week.…
So to do that, we're just going to go =TEXT,…I'm going to click here, comma, and then…in quotations we're going to say "dddd".…And what this tells Excel is to format,…take this day and just give me the day of week.…Now, if we double-click, drag that down,…I would now have the day of week…for every day in this column.…I'm going to call this Day of Week,…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook