- In this worksheet called…Approximate VLOOKUP, we need to look up…a tax rate in column I…for the compensation amounts…that we see in column H.…There's a table to the right…in columns M and N.…Now keep in mind this table…could be in a different worksheet…to make it easier to work with,…it's on the same worksheet.…Later possibly you could move it elsewhere.…Many, many times, if others are going…to be working with this data,…you might want to hide this information…or move it elsewhere.…
Now, VLOOKUP comes in two major forms.…The compensation amounts that we see…in column H, none of them are represented…exactly in this table.…In an indirect way, what we'd like…to be able to come up with here…is a number that's reflective…of this compensation amount and without…having used VLOOOKUP at all,…you wouldn't necessarily know how this will work.…In this particular example, we are not…looking for what's called an exact match.…If this was someone's name or if it were…an ID number, it must be an exact match.…
That kind of a lookup is referred to as…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.