Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Financial projections, part of Making Business Projections.
- View Offline
- Financial projections are easy to do.…All you need is the right set of tools,…a good understanding of your business,…and some common sense.…In this course, you will learn everything…you need to know about the tools.…This methodology has been developed in a way…that makes it applicable to very different settings…ranging from big to small companies,…from established businesses that have…many years of activity behind them…to start-ups that only have a few years behind them,…and even to start-up projects that are…still at the business plan stage.…
The key point here is to note that this course…is not about predicting the future.…It's about using all the information available to you…to anticipate potential problems…or identify business opportunities…while there is still time to take advantage of them.…Predicting the future is the trade…of fortune tellers, not business people.…I don't know of anyone who is…capable of predicting the future.…And if someone does, I'm sure he or she…is not about to tell us how to do it.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Forecasting vs. planning
- Dealing with exceptional elements
- Projecting revenue
- Adjusting for changes and seasonality
- Creating product-level projections
- Estimating costs and operating expenses
- Projecting gross margin
- Setting up targets and goals
- Developing worst-case scenarios<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.