Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Top Line with Excel
Learn how to analyze the top line (or revenue) of your company and identify areas of under- or overperformance with Excel. Author Rudolph Rosenberg explores essential financial concepts that are necessary to understanding your company's revenue data. Then he introduces the tools and techniques you can use in Excel, including PivotTables and the invaluable SUMIF function, to prepare and analyze the data you have available. Plus, learn how to analyze your customer base, determine revenue per product, and identify upsell opportunities. Rudolph will also show how to make sure you're treating your data fairly, by considering the impact of seasonality, recurrent vs. one-off business, and interdependencies.
Also check out the companion course, Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Bottom Line with Excel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Preparing your revenue information
- Comparing past performance
- Analyzing customer data
- Analyzing product information
- Identifying exceptional revenue
- Hi, I'm Rudolph Rosenberg, and welcome to Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Top Line with Excel. In this course, we'll look at a very practical technique to analyze the top line or revenue of a company. And learn how to identify the sources of under or over performance. To do so, we will be talking about financial concepts necessary to the understanding of revenue performance, and learning techniques using Microsoft Excel to gather, prepare, and analyze data that every company has access to.
Now let's get started with Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Top Line with Excel.
The Fundamentals of Document Retention and Data Management51,099 Views
XML Integration with Java139,328 Views
Building Responsive Forms with Flexbox23,151 Views
Manga Studio Essential Training36,841 Views
Repairing and Enhancing Audio with iZotope RX 430,522 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports559,361 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,279,953 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views