Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Filters, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…Filters.…Filters are going to give you the ability on the web page…to apply a filter to a k p i or to a score card.…So here it's easier to show you this, and then we'll go back in and create it.…I've got on the left the sales and on the right the sales.…Both the exact same, KPI's, and the exact same score card.…The difference is, the one on the right, is connected to this filter in the center.…So, what I'm going to do, is I'm going to get back to where I should be.…
I'm going to say OK.…Now I have 22% minus 3, 22% minus three.…Remember, this, scorecard is connected to the filler.…So I'm going to select.…I'm going to clear out, all.…I'm going to say,…I just want to see bikes, and I'm going to say OK, there's my update.…If I wanted to see clothing and…bikes and it changes this dynamically so I can see it.…The only down side of using this kind of a filter is once…it green real estate now I've got this filtering applied in here.…
That said, because of that restriction and because of where we're going,…I'm also not a big fan of using filters in this way.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.