Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering with report filter fields, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Whenever you add a field to a pivot table's…column area or row area, you change the pivot table…structure by adding a layer of detail.…But suppose you have a great pivot table layout,…but you want to filter the pivot table using the…values in a field that doesn't appear in that arrangement.…In this movie I will show you how to add filter fields…that allow you to filter your pivot table using…fields that are not part of the pivot table's organization.…My sample file is the report filter Excel workbook,…and you can find that in the chapter three folder…of your exercise files collection.…
I have a pivot table layout that I like.…I have my four room types for my hotel…along the column headers.…And I have year and month used as row headers.…Let's say that I want to filter by quarter.…So I can look at individual monthly results…in quarter one, quarter two, and so on.…One way to do that would be to add the quarter field…to the rows area.…So I could drag quarter below year and above month…and doing so changes the layout of the pivot table…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.