If the list you're working with has been converted to a table (and only then) you can insert one or more slicers - each one representing a column in the list. Slicers simplify the selection of filter items and provide a clear image of not only what is visible in the list but which fields are currently not showing.
- [Voiceover] We're on this worksheet called sheet one,…I haven't named it properly just yet,…but we've heard about a feature called slicer…and you might have heard about it too.…It's a variation on filtering.…It's got a significant limitation in that it can only…be used with data that's been converted to a table.…So for example, in this list here…and this has not been converted to a table,…if I go to the Insert tab,…there's an option out there called Slicer.…Sounds interesting.…Slicers make it faster and easier…to filter tables, PivotTables and so on.…Use the slicer to filter data visually, sounds good.…
What if we try it here?…It really doesn't lead us into something…that looks very familiar…and where do we see slicer out here?…This is not where we want to be.…Now, this will be available…if we convert the data to a table…and so if you've watched some of the movies in chapter one,…you're familiar with the table concept.…In a nutshell, converting data to a table…allows us to treat the data as a unit, as an entity…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.