Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering by date, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this workbook, we're looking…at a worksheet called Data Filter.…If you want to apply a filter to a list…and work with the Date field, Excel recognizes…that kind of a field and gives you different options.…In this worksheet, we want to explore…pairing down our data seem just a lot less,…let's say based on data…between certain years or of a certain year.…Let's apply a filter, first of all, on the Data tab,…Filter button, clicking the arrow…for column G, the Hire Date.…
And since we clicked Choose One,…we see quite a few more choices…than we see when choosing Text Filter or Number Filter.…And imagine if these were historical data,…how you might want to consider looking at data…from last week, last month, yesterday.…If it's projection data, you might want to look…at Next Week, Next Month, and further down the list here,…in the Quarters, Last Quarter, Next Quarter,…Next Year, Last Year, and so on.…A ton of choices here.…And then also don't overlook the Between option here.…
Also, don't overlook the Between option here.…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.