Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering a PivotTable using a search filter, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you work with a pivot table…you will often find that you want to locate data…that contains a particular string of characters.…For example,…your company might operate a hotel…and be interested in monthly data…for months ending in er.…Months written in English…that come at the end of the year,…September, October, November, and December,…all end in er,…and those characters don't occur together in that order…in any other month.…So one way to create a filter…to find those values…is to search based on…the letter string er.…
In this movie…I will show you how to create those filters…using the SearchFilter exercise file.…You can find that in the Chapter 3 folder…of the sample files archive.…To create a search filter,…you need to identify the field…by which you want to filter,…and in this case that is Month…and that's in the row area.…So I'll click the Row Labels filter arrow,…and click the Select Field list box's control,…and click Month.…
Now in the search box…I can type my string.…Again, I'm interested in months that contain…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.