Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering a PivotTable by rule, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Pivot tables help you summarize large amounts of data,…but you can always limit the data that appears…by creating a filter.…If the data you want to display in your pivot table…fits a rule,…such as all values greater than two million,…you can define that rule.…And use it to filter your pivot table.…I will show you how to filter your pivot table,…and I will demonstrate using the Filter By Rule…Excel workbook.…That is a sample file you can find…in the chapter three folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…
This pivot table contains data, yearly room revenue,…for four different room types.…And it's broken down into 2014 and 2015.…Let's say that I only want to display room types…that have a yearly revenue of more than $1,500,000.…To do that, I need to filter the values…in the Sum of Revenue field for each room type.…To create that filter,…I will click the Row Labels filter arrow,…and, in the Select Field control, click Room Type.…
Now, I have a choice…as to whether I want to filter by Label,…which would be Westminster, Picadilly, the room names,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.