Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering a PivotTable field by selection, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- PivotTables can summarize huge data collections.…But many times you'll want to limit the data displayed…within a given category.…For example, if your company operates a hotel,…you might want to limit the data displayed…to two of four room types.…In this movie, I will show you how to filter the data…based on values within a field.…My sample file is the Selection Excel workbook.…You could find that in the Chapter03 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…
A Selection Filter, as the name implies,…allows you to select individual values…that you want to display.…This PivotTable summarizes four room types…which are currently displayed as column labels,…and it's broken down…by time, by year, and by month.…Let's say that I only want to display the data…for the Westminster and Piccadilly room types.…To do that, I click any cell in the Pivot Table…and then it click the Column Labels' down arrow…or filter arrow.…
That displays a list that I can use to select my options.…I want to filter based on selections…so I'll go down to the selection list,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.