Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering a PivotChart, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Pivot charts can summarize huge data collections,…but many times you'll want to limit the data displayed…within a given category.…Just as you can limit the data displayed in a pivot table,…you can also limit the data summarized by a pivot chart…by creating a filter.…I will demonstrate the basics of filtering for pivot charts…and I will use the Filtering Excel workbook.…That's a sample file that you can find…in the chapter six folder of your exercise files collection.…
This workbook contains revenue data…and it's currently organized in my pivot chart…by room type, which provide the vertical bars…and then also by year and quarter…along the horizontal or category axis.…If I want to filter the values that are displayed…within a pivot chart, I can do so by clicking…the header for a particular field…and these headers are within the body of the pivot table.…So you can see here that I have a header…for the Room Type field.…
If I click it, I see a filter list just like I do…when I click a filter arrow in an Excel table…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.