Learn to filter a list using AutoFilter. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to use AutoFilter to filter on one, two, or three levels, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Narrator] Now that your data is entered…into your worksheets, you can quickly find values…by filtering information.…When you filter data, you're not only choosing what to view,…but you're also choosing what to exclude from your data.…During the Excel 2010 MOS exam, you may be asked…to demonstrate your knowledge…of applying a filter on a single column,…or applying a filter on multiple columns.…In this video, we'll also learn…how to use the Search field to apply a filter.…I have the 09_02 exercise file opened,…so if you're ready, let's apply some filters.…
Our first step in applying a filter…is to select the data that we want to filter.…We're gonna work on the 2016 sales data worksheet.…I'm gonna show you a couple of ways…that you can quickly select data to apply the filters.…If I simply go to the Data tab,…and click on the Filter icon, it's gonna tell me…that you have to select a range…before you can apply any filters.…So, it's gonna tell you if you've done something wrong.…Okay, using a method that we've been using…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.