Oz du Soleil shows how to close gaps in a column of data by using Get & Transform in Excel 2016. This video shows both fill up and fill down.
- [Instructor] This next Get & Transform feature…fill up, fill down is a lifesaver…for closing holes in columns.…If you want to follow along,…use the exercise file titled Fill Up Fill Down.…Here I'm an admin who needs to provide…volunteer data about some time that we spent as company,…going out in the world and doing good.…Now here is a report that I've gotten.…Got the Riverside office.…City Center office.…
And then the areas of volunteerism.…So we've got adult literacy.…We've got health and wellness twice.…Something that we had to like to know is by office,…how many hours were volunteered in each category?…That answer is not so easy to get at…because of the holes in our columns.…And these totals that are in the way.…The key to this is going to be fill up, fill down.…Let's get at it.…With my cursor in the data set.…
We'll go to data, from table.…Now let's see if Excel guessed the proper range.…Did it include all of my data?…Yes it did.…Beautiful.…Click okay.…There's the data.…Now, I'm going to leave this column highlighted.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.