In this video, the instructor reviews the pros and cons of building your KPIs in-house by extracting, transforming, and formatting the data you use for your dashboards.
- [Instructor] Extracting raw data from a marketing tool,…and building in-house your KPIs…to populate your dashboards,…can be a good idea,…if your business already has regular business reviews,…you know what you need to track on a regular basis,…you're in a stable environment,…where there's not much room for experimentation,…and if you're looking for a solution…that will run efficiently over a long period of time.…If that is the case,…then using raw data…to manually build KPIs for your dashboards,…is something you might want to consider.…
Let's review the pros and cons.…Let's start with the pros.…You'll have a lot of extra data at your disposal,…allowing you to build new dashboards,…or extending existing ones if needed.…You'll be able to automate the transformation process.…At the beginning it will take significant effort,…depending on your skill level with Excel and database tools,…such as Microsoft Access.…But once this is in place,…it will take no time to update your data.…That's a great approach if you have weekly data to present,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.