Often, when importing data from other sources into Excel, the data is not received the way you need it. Sometimes, data is imported to multiple cells when it should be combined into one, or sometimes the data is imported into one cell when it should be split up into many. In this movie, you will know how to use Flash Fill to extract data as well as to combine data with lightning speed.
- [Voiceover] While this is not a new features course,…there is a new feature here in Excel 2016…that you did not have access to Excel 2010.…Worth mentioning because it's so powerful,…yet easy to use it's called Flash Fill.…We're gonna work with this file LH_sheet0306.…You can close up anything else you're working on,…and open this one up from the chapter three folder…of your exercise files.…There's only two sheets, Split and Join,…two things Flash Fill can do.…We're gonna start with Split.…Check it out over here in the Employee Name Column,…we see last name comma first name in a single cell.…
Sometimes when you're importing data from other sources,…like a database for example,…it shows up this way,…and really what you want are two separate columns…for first name and last name.…Well, that's where Flash Fill can help.…Let's start by creating the two empty columns…by going up to Column B, right on the B up here.…Click and drag across to C, so you've selected two columns,…now it doesn't matter whether you're on B or C at the top.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.