- Data entry is one of the most basic things we do in Excel…and at times it can be boring,…but there are some techniques, some short cuts…and a feature called auto-fill that…are really going to help.…Before we do this in this particular worksheet…it's called data entry, it's an empty sheet.…We're in the workbook O two entering data.…In the lower right hand corner there's a slider bar…there's a black rectangle there.…If you hold down the left mouse button…you can zoom in or zoom out.…We're only gonna be using about seven columns here…as you build a small little worksheet here,…so that's good enough.…I'm gonna be putting in some data in cell A two.…
I can either click on A two or use the arrow keys…to make that cell become the active one, I type Sales.…Notice it's on the left hand side of the cell?…That's what happens automatically in Excel,…unless your typing values.…I press enter, I could press tab to move to the right,…I can press any of the arrow keys.…Moving down a column, so I'll press enter,…and then type Overhead, and enter and then Profits, enter.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Creating Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.